As a former New York State Judge for nearly 40 years, I have personally witnessed the struggle of the plaintiffs' bar to financially compete against large insurance companies and other well-funded defendants.
In my day, there was no helping hand. Traditional banks were (and still are) supportive in small measure, but lending is almost always limited to the value of your personal assets.
Now, there is Counsel Financial--the nation's largest provider of loans exclusively to litigators. Unlike other lenders, Counsel Financial understands that the estimated value of your contingent fee portfolio today can help finance tomorrow's verdicts and settlements.
Here are just a few of the benefits of what I like to call, "The Power of Attorney Funding®":
- A four-year, flexible credit line up to $5 million
- Proceeds that can be used for any law firm purpose, including case costs, expert witnesses and additional staff
- Maximum borrowing based on the total value of your anticipated fees
- Interest that is 100% tax-deductible* and, in most states, can be charged back to the client
I am proud of the fact that we have helped so many trial lawyers level the playing field by offering funds to build your client base and maximize their recoveries.
* Check with your tax advisor and please reference state ethics opinions